CES 2024 does not get underway for a few more days, but it has become rather clear that the portable lifestyle projector category is going to be very hot this year; there are at least a dozen interesting new options that we have seen so far. XGIMI has become a rather well respected compact projector and UST laser TV brand and we are excited about two of their latest models that offer some genuine innovations in the category.
The new projectors include the IMAX Enhanced certified HORIZON Max and Aladdin.
HORIZON Max is the world’s first Long Throw Smart Projector that is IMAX Enhanced certified, bringing IMAX’s picture and signature sound via DTS to the home.
From Apollo Zhong, CEO and founder of XGIMI: “With the HORIZON Max, we’re reshaping home entertainment, delivering a cinematic experience previously reserved for high-end projectors,…HORIZON Ultra achieved Dolby Vision, and now, HORIZON Max boasts IMAX Enhanced certification for picture/image performance. XGIMI remains steadfast in its commitment to enhancing projection technology, striving to bring the theatrical movie experience into every home. HORIZON Max not only establishes a new benchmark for the industry with this certification but also represents a significant milestone for the brand by introducing the most refined versions of its signature ISA and Dual Light technologies.”
HORIZON Max and ISA 5.0: The HORIZON Max incorporates ISA 5.0 (Intelligent Screen Adaptation) technology. This is a combination of hardware and software enhancements that introduce a paradigm shift in smart projector engineering.
- A fully automated motorized gimbal, HORIZON Max automatically locates the best projection positioning on the wall and intelligently remembers settings for specific walls.
- The HORIZON Max can be used for gaming on one side of the room and movies on the other. The projector will transition when moved between walls, automatically adapting its software and hardware settings to optimize the experience for each activity. This feature offers users more control and flexibility over the projected image and content.
- Integrating 3D ToF in ISA 5.0 enhances HORIZON Max’s ability to swiftly detect the surrounding space, enabling users to find the optimal projection spot effortlessly. This alleviates the usual hassles associated with traditional projectors, offering the most seamless and user-friendly experience.
HORIZON Max and Dual Light 2.0: This integrates a Triple laser for an extended color range and a phosphor light to enhance any imperfections produced by the Triple laser. Features of Dual Light 2.0 include:
- MCL (Multi-Color Laser) technology is commonly used in commercial theaters, leading the way in triple laser performance.
- Ultra-wide color gamut, ultra-high brightness (3,100 ISO Lumens), ultra-high contrast (2000:1 native contrast ratio), and ultra-high color accuracy.
- The new system delivers XGIMI’s brightest display to date, a 35% increase from the XGIMI HORIZON Ultra.
Tech Note: In addition to the HORIZON Max, XGIMI will bring its updated Dual Light 2.0 and ISA 5.0 technologies to XGIMI’s lineup in 2024, including select portable and home projectors.
Availability date and pricing for the HORIZON Max TBD.
The Aladdin blends a smart ceiling lamp, a high-end projector, and connected speakers.
The Aladdin can display a 100-inch screen size directly from the ceiling. The ceiling placement eliminates concerns about bulkiness, screen blockage, and glare, providing an immersive viewing experience without interfering with floor space.
The ceiling position also prevents direct light exposure, prioritizing user safety, and allows an impressive 0.7:1 projection ratio.
From Apollo Zhong: “Aladdin is a truly unique triple-threat that represents the harmonious fusion of cutting-edge projector technology and sophisticated smart home design,…We are deeply honored to receive a prestigious CES Innovation Honoree Award, underscoring the groundbreaking technological advancements we’ve pioneered with Aladdin. Its seamless integration of an HD projector, smart light, and premium audio experience, encapsulates our mission of delivering unparalleled home entertainment experiences to the masses. We look forward to building on this success and driving further Smart Home innovation in 2024 and beyond.”
Aladdin’s modern design offers the same hassle-free installation as a standard ceiling light but provides users with a feature-rich projector, and a 360-degree Harman Kardon smart speaker.
This eliminates the need for extensive in-ceiling installs and allows Aladdin to integrate into existing home decor effortlessly. Beyond typical projector use cases, Aladdin offers immersive dynamic wallpapers, life-sized interactive children’s books, and soothing ambient sounds for bedtime.
Aladdin is set to launch in Japan in June 2024. US availability date pending.
XGIMI and Mediatek
To further bolster its projector line, XGIMI has also announced that it has established a partnership with MediaTek.
The plan is to unveil a broader range of projectors in 2024 and beyond incorporating MediaTek’s chips and the Google TV OS.
XGIMI is showcasing the HORIZON Max, Aladdin, and other exciting innovations in its 2024 product lineup at CES, January 9-12, 2024, in Central Hall- Booth 22515 of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC).
(The following story may or may not have been edited by NEUSCORP.COM and was generated automatically from a Syndicated Feed. NEUSCORP.COM also bears no responsibility or liability for the content.)